A market-leading M&A practice
Our M&A practice has a significant presence with over 950 lawyers based across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. This global reach provides assurances to businesses looking to transact across borders by offering a single law firm combining a market-leading international practice with specialist local and sector expertise.
We provide high quality commercial advice and execute the most complex cross-border deals. We offer our clients cost-effective, pragmatic business solutions and guide them through every stage of a deal – from due diligence and structuring, to negotiation and preparation of deal documents, to post-transaction transition and post-merger integration.
Our transactional experience is deep and varied and covers all manner of mergers, acquisitions and disposals including:
- share transactions, and divisional or asset sales
- cross-border transactions
- public company deals (such as tender offers, exchange offers, mergers, consolidations, representation of special committees, hostile takeovers, proxy contests, leveraged recapitalisations and management buyouts)
- public to private transactions
- distressed company deals through bankruptcy or other structures
- various joint ventures and strategic alliances
- post-merger integration and reorganisations
A market-leading position
Year after year, DLA Piper executes more deals than any other law firm. These unrivalled and sustained levels of activity are a testament to both the strength of our global platform and the consistent high quality of our service offering. Clients return to DLA Piper time and time again to handle their most strategic transactions. We are proud of our market-leading position and the benefits it brings to our clients.